Skip to main content

...It's been a long time

...It's been a long time

 It’s almost 8 months into quarantine, and I for one, am losing sanity.

Surrounding yourself with family, and having a handsome amount of alone time with yourself; I’m telling you it’s only good on paper. 

I’m uninspired as ever. I can’t write a single decent thing, and I was supposed to be good in English! Creativity was sucked out of me and was jarred for safekeeping. Maybe someday I’ll get my hands on it, but surel y not sooner.

It’s been a long time coming; I’m quitting Facebook.  My brain’s going to legitimately implode from information overload— irreputable information that is. I soberly and somberly say this: I fucking hate influencers. No one cares about authenticity anymore.  Influencers capitalize on drama and controversy, none of which should be a focus. 

It’s 2020, however, it seems that gender is still an issue for most people. I glower at those pedophiles inserting themselves into the community as if their morals are anchored to ours. We were already stoned in the 70s, skedaddle!

I now spend most of my days daydreaming, and unsurprisingly dependent to entertainment. I couldn’t stand a day without listening to music, that’s a given, but now a part of me regrets not being a theater kid. I think I foresee a future when I take performing as not just an interest but as a potential career path. I recently learned how to play the ukulele. Progress is what I see.

As far as my dating life goes, I have pondered on the idea of remaining single until I move to New York. I don’t see myself dating in the next 4 years, not in this stagnant pond.

I ordered 4 books, and now I’m halfway out of cash. I couldn’t resist “Teacher Man”—a memoir detailing the life of being a teacher in New York. I wince at how mortifying it will be if I were to become a teacher. I made this big speech in my head of why I shouldn’t pursue teaching as a profession. I live to not witness it. It’s my last resort, but if I’m not vigilant I might give in.

Sidenote: Pope Francis just endorsed civil union for the LGBTQIA+! A reason to smile. 


Comments